What do you need to know to refer a patient or become a participant in the Minding Your Inner Monkey workshop series for stress, depression, and anxiety?
Dr. Taylor’s practice is geared to those suffering from stress, depression, and anxiety. Her individual psychotherapy practice is currently full. Please do not send referrals for individual psychotherapy at this time.
Individuals who have untreated trauma, active addictions, active suicidal ideation, or diagnosed personality disorders are better served by Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Addiction Treatment programs and/or other therapeutic modalities. DBT is an evidence-based Mindfulness program that can help develop distress tolerance skills.
PLEASE NOTE: Dr. Taylor does not provide these services. Please seek appropriate therapy through CAMH or your local Mental Health Hospital.
Dr. Taylor’s background is Family Medicine and with a special interest in depression, anxiety, PTSD and stress-related disorders. She has also worked extensively with refugee populations and brings an anti-oppression framework to her work. Her approach is mindfulness-based and incorporates the teachings of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, MBCT and MBSR.
Are you ready to refer a patient to the Minding Your Inner Monkey Workshop Series?
Your patient is ready if :
- They are willing to make changes in their life
- They are willing to do the home practice required of them
- They are able to contact me independently via the form on my website at: www.heartspace.ca/minding-your-inner-monkey-workshops/
- You fill out and fax a referral letter with an up to date medications list, recent blood work, patient profile and details of past psychiatric history to (416) 856-2174
Are you ready to become a participant in the Minding Your Inner Monkey Workshop Series?
You are ready to be a patient if:
- You are willing to commit to make changes in your life
- You suffer from one of the life challenges described above.
- You are willing to do the home practice required.
- You are able to contact me independently via the form on my website at: www.heartspace.ca/minding-your-inner-monkey-workshops/
If, after the initial assessments, Dr. Taylor feels that her skill set is not appropriate for you/the patient, she has the right to advise the you/the patient of this and suggest more appropriate services. This is to ensure the patient receives care that is best suited to their situation.
We have a 2 business day cancellation policy. If you cannot attend an intake appointment, please let us know as soon as possible and at least 2 business days in advance such that we can improve access for other patients in need. Otherwise, you will be charged a cancellation fee of $125.00.
- OHIP does not cover the cost of missed appointments.
- Fees will be reimbursed by the patient according to the standard rate of $125.00.
- Patients who miss the first scheduled intake appointment will not be re-booked.